9.03.2008

Luke is Three!


Luke had two parties - one in Athens and one at home. Saturday we spent with the Smith side of the family, then Sunday the Ramsey's came over. This is the first year we haven't all been together at one time, but it just seemed to work out easier this way, this year, since the Smith's were going to be in Athens on Saturday. Luke didn't mind...two parties, two cakes, two days of opening gifts, and two days full of cousin!

A couple days before his birthday, Luke got a package in the mail from Laura! Boy, was he excited. Thank you Laura:)

Cake # 1
Card from Sarah
GUM from Tyler, Lauren and Mark!!!
Luke was happy to hold Mark
Cake #2

I can't believe he is THREE! Three years ago while I was in labor, Hurricane Katrina was hitting New Orleans, levees were breaking, and every minute another nurse would walk in and update me on the devastation, gas prices and I didnt believe most of it because it didn't seem real. So, now every year, I remember all the news coverage on the day Luke was born.
Happy Birthday little guy!

9 comments:

Christy Myhand said...

looks like fun! the cakes are adorable and they make me hungry

Paul said...

Luke is three?!? I remember when you were three!

Pete Bauer said...

My little Lukie-Luke is 3??? Wow!

I remember when Uncle Paul acted like he was three... that was yesterday.

kpb said...

WOW! That went by fast. And I have to say that those frog cupcakes are the custest ever. and I just might borrow that idea from you for a certain 1 year old's birthday next march.

Anonymous said...

I remember being tortured by two uncles when I was three. I think their names are Paul and Pete.

I can't believe you made two frog cakes - Luke is lucky to have a mom like you. More importantly, you stock the ingredients to make a pumpkin pie at a moment's notice.

I remember the day of Luke's birth very well. Everyone was freaking out about gas, so many stations ran out of supply. I remember my favorite song at the time and walking down the halls of the hospital seeing patient room doors decorated with pink stork, blue stork, pink stork, pink stork, blue stork....

Kristin said...

I remember us all gathering in the hospital and Katie giving STRICT orders she didn't want anyone in the room because she was in so much pain. (Great memories, huh, KT?) I remember talking to Laura out in the guest area where our family was congregating.

If you look at the pictures of Luke with his two cakes...look at the background. At my house, in Cake #1, the wall behind him is dark red on the bottom half, white chair rail and creamy color on top. In the second picture at your house, the wall behind Luke is...WAIT!..it's the same!! We're so cool.

I have to say that my little Marky is so cute in the pic of him and Luke. I just want to eat him up! He started crawling last night. He took 5 "steps."

Cricket said...

Luke is 3? Holy Mackerel! I love the look of concentration on his face in the second to last pic. Grampa would have loved to watch that too!

Ramsey Days said...

Yes, Luke's birth was not an easy one, by any means...I mean the dr even knew it so he kept me medicated til the morning I was checked out--BUT after all is said and done, I am so happy he is here, and THREE!

Uncle Steve--that is a great look on his face!

Kristie- Thanks to Laura for the paint selections.

Kristen B.- the cupcakes were realllly easy. I found it online..I'll email it to you later.

Ramsey Days said...
This comment has been removed by the author.