6.02.2008

American Girl Store

Sarah's Grammy (Brian's mom) gave Sarah a bitty baby ( american girl baby) a few years ago, and she has loved it dearly. This past Christmas, Grammy bought her an American Girl doll ( the bigger dolls with hair!). Sarah has loved this doll, dresses it all the time in her awesome clothing and puts her to sleep at night. These dolls are not cheap--so kids really need to take care of them. I knew nothing about this craze, until recently.

Saturday, Sarah and I were guests of her friend and mom to celebrate Sarah's friends birthday. I never in my life have seen so many girls with their dolls!!!!! It was nuts, but very fun for the girls. Sarah said this was her best day ever and wanted to live at the store..haha.

I bought her one outfit for her doll ( which took a long time to decide, since there were several options!), and then we had lunch in the bistro, where the doll gets her own high chair, and menu.

There are stores in Chicago and New York that are apparently 3 stories high..and Bistros in Atlanta and Dallas.





10 comments:

Christy Myhand said...

So fun! I can't wait for Emma Tucker to get old enough to go. Recently, I was looking at the activities there and I saw a Daddy/Daughter day. Brandon said there was no way he would go and play with dolls... needless to say, I will be more than happy to attend the mother/daughter days at the store! We are leaving Wednesday for the beach... hopefully I will get some good pictures.

Ramsey Days said...

Have fun at the beach!!! Post when you get home.

Brianna said...

I had an American Girl Doll!! :) I loved it too! So glad Sarah gets to enjoy them now.

Ramsey Days said...

Brianna,

Which one do you have? Fortunately we didnt have to buy the doll, so I can be ok with buying some accessories for it a couple times a year. Sarah really loves her doll. You need to bring yours (haha) and play with Sarah..she would think that was so cool. Are you guys coming up this summer?

Love
Katie

Brianna said...

I had/have(maybe) Samantha. :) I wonder if we still have her somewhere... Haha! Yeah they're quite expensive, but I got birthday money one year and I had a "Support the Samantha fund" cup on my dresser and people would put money in it. lol!! But yeah I remember wanting to go to NY to the store. My mom and I will be there next month, so maybe my dream will come true. ha! :) I'm not sure what's going on with going up north. (sorry for the novel)

Brianna

Ramsey Days said...

Brianna,

You should find your doll and give it to one of your younger sisters, or let me buy it from Sarah, if you didnt destroy her :).

The NY store is supposedly amazing--3 stories tall.

Why are you going to NY?

Come visit, anytime! DC is coming up next weekend...I think.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap on a stick - does Sarah's dress match her doll in these pictures?! That's crazy!

If I had a nickel every time Sarah said "this was my best day ever!" I have always thought it is so funny that she ranks her experiences. Disney on her birthday was her best day ever last year (before that I think it was Princesses on Ice?). Seems she's had a few best days ever this year including the Mother's Day tea party at school last month! Love it.

Ramsey Days said...

Why yes, LB--Sarah and her doll match! Although that was bught for $10 at Marshalls. They have some at the American Girl store, but they are extremely expensive..so a knock off brand will do!

c.a.b. said...

I had the American Girl books...does that count? :) love you

Brianna said...

Haha! Well I do remember when we had our beagle dog, Hunter, he chewed her hand... I was so mad! lol I need to find her.

We're going to NY for a wedding on July 5th, but my mom and I are going on the 2nd to visit her family in Connecticut and then we're going to spend the 3rd in NYC and hopefully a little bit of the 4th there too before we have to pick Mike and Chris up on Friday. They're in the wedding. (It's Jacks brother Ryan.)

Brianna